The list type you choose does not affect functionality in any way and is merely a method for you to organize your records and workflow. You can collect data from several forms in a single list. This makes it easy to use the list to respond to specific form submissions.
Add Form Submissions to an Existing List
- Click on Content > Forms.
- At the top right, click Create form.
- In the Properties tab of the Forms Composer, in the List area, select the four-lined icon on the far right to see a pop-up menu of your current account lists:
- Select an existing form submission list or marketing list to store your form submissions.
- After selecting a list, verify that your field mapping is aligned with the selected list – this will prevent duplicate list columns when sending new form submissions to your list.
The Always Append Feature
When you create a new form submission list, you'll notice a checkbox called Always Append. By default, this feature is disabled. By keeping it disabled, the Act-On form will not allow duplicate submissions based on the user's email address. Act-On will simply update the previous form submission with the new form submission.
For example, if email@example.com submitted the form twice, the form submission list will overwrite the first submission with the information from the second submission.
If you enable Always Append, the Act-On form will allow duplicate submissions based on email addresses. For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org submitted the form twice, the form submission list will contain two entries for email@example.com and treat them as unique submissions.