Posting External Forms to Act-On
WordPress users: See the article External Form integration for WordPress
Generate an external post URL, then add it to your existing custom form's <form action=""> attribute. If you already have this attribute in use on the form, that code will have to be removed.
This method does not capture _REFERRER, _SEARCH, or other similar metadata. These are captured with Act-On's native forms.
- In your account, click on Content > Form Post URLs. Here you may generate an external post URL for a pre-existing Act-On form by clicking the Get Form Post URL button.
- Select a form from the drop-down menu
- Give the form a tag/Source Name for the URL (e.g., Good AdWords Campaign)
- Make sure the input Field Names match between your Act-On form and your external form.
- On your web page, add the external post URL to the form HTML as an “action” attribute.
Example: <form action=”http://yourcompanyname.actonsoftware...001/d-ext-0001”>