Installing the Act-On app for Zendesk Sell will allow your Sales users to see the Act-On behavior history for Leads and Contact and send emails to Leads and Contacts with custom email templates that use Act-On email tracking.
Essentials to get started
- Zendesk Administrator credentials
- Act-On Account ID
- Your Act-On Account number is found by navigating in Act-On to find Home > Start and locating the Account widget
- An active connection from Act-On to Zendesk Sell
Install the App from the Zendesk Marketplace
- In Zendesk Sell, navigate to Settings > Apps
- Click on the Marketplace button located in the top right corner of the My Apps page
- While in the App Directory, search for “Act-On”
- Click on Install when Act-On app is visible
- Act-On App should now display in My Apps > Currently Installed section
- Click on the Gear icon from the app and select Change settings
- Add your Act-On Account ID
- Click Update
Add the Widget
Now that the app has been installed, you can update your Lead and Contact layout to include the newly created widget that has the Act-On Information.
- Go to Settings > Customize > Layouts
- From the Leads tab, click and drag the Act-On Software card from the Hidden Widgets over to the Leads widget panel
- Repeat for the People tab
Once the widget has been installed, make sure your Act-On Administrator registers all Zendesk users for Act-On.