To send Act-On email to an existing Salesforce report:
- Log in to Salesforce and go to the Home page
- Click on Send Act-On Email to Report
- Select a report, make sure it includes a Lead ID or Contact ID
- Click Send from the upper right corner
- Create and send your message using Act-On's Email Composer
FAQs and Troubleshooting
Error: The Report must include the Lead ID or Contact ID and at least one record
If you are seeing this error, there are several potential causes.
- First, make sure the report contains:
- Lead ID or Contact ID
- Owner ID (if email signatures use sfowner.xxx variables for personalized messaging)
- Next, have your Salesforce System Administrator review permissions:
- Reports must be accessible by the user sending the email
- The user has a Salesforce license (not Salesforce Platform or others)
- The user’s Profile is permitted to use Oauth for the Act-On Lightning Support App. See our Installation Guide for more information and instructions.
Error: Your Salesforce.com session has expired.
If you receive an error that your Salesforce session has expired, but you are able to access all other Act-On components (eg Contact Reports), have your Salesforce System Administrator confirm the permission settings and Oauth settings have been configured.
See our Installation Guide for more information and instructions.
Error Fetching Report Info
If a user sees this error when trying to use the Send Email to Report in Lightning, they may not have API permissions. This is a required permission to send Act-On Emails to Lightning reports from within Salesforce.
You will need to ask your Salesforce Administrator for API access.