Act-On allows you to create triggered (or auto-response) messages that are aligned to automated programs, webinars, or Forms. These triggered messages are sent immediately when a prospect arrives at a specific point within an automated program or webinar program or submits an Act-On form that is set up for confirmation emails.
For Automated Programs
- Go to Automation > Automated Programs > select a program to edit.
- In the Program Builder, click Build > Program Messages.
- Click Add Message.
- If using Start From A Blank Message, the auto-response message builder will allow you to create the triggered message. Click Save once you've finished composing the message.
- If using the other options, click on the appropriate email, and click Submit.
- In Build > Program Flow, drag in a Send Email step to the appropriate place in the program, choose your message, and click Submit.
- Note: Remember to add a Wait step after the message send if the message will be used for conditional logic. This provides enough processing time for the condition to be met.
- Click Save (top right) to save the changes to the automated program.
For Webinar Programs
- In the webinar program builder, add or edit the appropriate message.
- For Invitation, Last Chance, Reminder, or Follow-up emails, you'll be able to compose, address, review, and schedule the message.
- For Signup Form Auto-Response, Registration Accepted, and Registration Rejected emails, you'll only be able to compose the message, since messages are sent immediately once the registration form is submitted.
For Form Responses
- Go to Content > Forms and select the Form to edit.
- In the Properties tab, under Response, click CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
- On the right, click the '+' and create the triggered message, or use the other options to select an existing message. See Creating an Email Message.