Why use an email template?
Templates are easy to use and can strengthen brand recognition for your company by providing your message branding with a professional, well-organized, and consistently formatted appearance.
Act-On provides a range of email templates that are ready to use in our Catalog, but you also have the option to make and use your own templates. Designing an email template from scratch allows for the greatest degree of creative flexibility, and you may find that a refreshing new design is just what you need to make your message branding stand out.
Steps to Create a New Email Template
- Navigate to Outbound > New Message > Blank Message
- At the top, you will see four tabs: Address, Design, Review, and Send
- Address tab:
- Design tab:
- Stationery: Style the background, borders, and alignment of your template.
- Content: Drag and drop Blocks or Sections customize your message.
- Use Blocks to add: Greetings, Images, Rich Text, Signatures, Media File Downloads, Webinar Form Links, and more!
- Use Sections to format your message template.
- Message Styling: Customize the font, line spacing, colors, and padding for your template's message, header, and footer.
- Additional Design features:
- Edit Plain Text Version lets you the plain text version of the email your contact may receive.
- Validate Clickthrough Links lets you check to see if the links in your email are working.
- Download Creatives lets you download HTML and text for the message template.
- Check Spelling
- Review tab:
- Preview your message using the HTML, Text, and Mobile tabs located at the bottom of the Review window.
- Click Validate Message to see if all the required sections of our message have been filled out.
- Open Check Spam Score and click the Check Score Now button to see your message's spam score.
Click on the Save dropdown arrow and select Save As Template.
After saving, a pop-up will confirm that your message has been successfully saved before closing the window.
Your new email template is now ready to use! When you want to use it, just select Template Message in the Act-On Message Composer to find your template and get started.