Act-On Forms can capture Form submissions and either externally double-post Form submissions to another external database or another specified Act-On Form submission list (additional to that specified in the Form Properties). This feature is helpful when you need to only post to a single third party. If you need to post to multiple applications, our Webhook feature will be best suitable for your needs.
Example Use Cases
- You may want to combine all data submissions in one place outside of Act-On or your CRM for reporting or analysis.
- If you have parent and child accounts, you may want to track opt-ins or opt-outs together from all the child accounts inside a parent account.
If Posting to an External Database
If you always want to post Form submissions to a single external database:
- Obtain your URL for the destination external database to post Form submissions to; the form post URL.
- Contact technical support:
- Ask for the "Extra External Form Post" feature to be activated
- Provide the form post URL & ask for it to be added
If Posting to an additional Form Submission List
If you want to post Form submissions to an additional Act-On Form submission list:
- Create a form post URL for the additional Form submission list you want to post Form submissions to, as explained in Posting External Forms to Act-On.
- Contact technical support and ask for the "Extra External Form Post" feature to be activated.
- Proceed as below if using the new Form composer, or further down if using the Classic Form Composer:
New Form Composer
- Go to Content > Forms.
- Create a new Form, or edit an existing Form.
- In the Properties tab select External Data Submission.
- Enter the form post URL (https://...) in the External Data Submission field.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Classic Form Composer
- Click Content, and click Forms.
- Create a new form, or edit an existing form.
- Click Next or 2. Settings.
- Enter the form post URL (https://...) in the External Double-Post URL field.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
If you need to post an Act-On Form submission to more than one external database, you can take advantage of our Form Submission Webhook.