In the Design tab of the Act-On Message Composer, there are three main areas where the bulk of your message branding will be done: Stationery, Content, and Message Styling.
Headers usually only include a "view in browser" link at the very top of a message. This is recommended in case contacts are having a hard time viewing a message in their email client. Act-On provides a default header to all accounts. Marketers can create custom headers where for example, some add a logo that links to their website.
Footers are always included at the bottom of the message. Act-On provides a default footer to all accounts. Marketers can customize this to flow better with their message format.
The Opt-Out link is included in the default footer and needs to be included in custom footers.
It is recommended to include Opt-Out (per CANSPAM regulation), Business Name, and Address.
Signatures are optional content blocks intended to hold information about the message sender. These can be account-wide or user-specific and are designed outside the message composer under Content > Branding > Signatures.
Stationery wraps around the content you create within the Act-On Message Composer, giving it a default layout and style to build your content. The Stationery you choose will determine where your logo appears.
- In Stock Stationery, you will find:
- Stock: Use this dropdown menu to select the stock Stationery for your email.
- Responsive Design: Having it On will allow your email to be rendered to fit a variety of devices and screen sizes.
- Align Logo: Justify your logo to the right, left, center, or be suppressed.
- To upload a logo, navigate to Content > Branding > Logos
- Message Width: Change the width of the message in pixels.
- Align Message: Justify your content to the left or center.
- Background: Use this section to alter the color of your message's background, as well as the background of its inner contents
- Border: Make any desired changes to the color, thickness, and corner radius of the border.
The Content menu is where you can drag and drop Blocks and Sections. These are helpful for formatting the different areas of your message.
- Blocks: There are thirteen different Blocks you can use to customize your message:
- Sections: Add a section that allows you to build your message layout quickly using a combination of a basic, two-column, or three-column section. Each section serves as a container to drop Blocks in.
There are three sections you can apply global styles for; Message, Header, and Footer. Individual message content blocks will still retain any styling you specify via CSS or the rich text block editor, while these options are for overall styling. Toggle between the three sections displays the following customizable options:
- Font/Font Size
- Line Spacing
- Colors: Used to change the Text Color, Link Color, and Background
- Padding: This allows you to set the space between your content and its border (in pixels).
Additional Customization Options
- Edit Plain Text Version lets you the plain text version of the email your contact may receive.
- Validate Clickthrough Links lets you check to see if the links in your email are working.
- Download Creatives lets you download HTML and text for the message template.
- Check Spelling
Email Templates are a great way to ensure specific branding and design choices are carried forward into subsequent emails. All the above branding and design options can be applied to an Email Template.
Blank Message Customization
Similar to an Email Template, Blank Message Customization allows you to preconfigure what a blank draft message will look like.