In the Design tab of the Act-On Message Composer, there are three main areas where the bulk of your message branding will be done: Stationery, Content, and Message Styling.
Stationery wraps around the content you create within the Act-On Message Composer, giving it a default layout and style to build your content on. The Stationery you choose will determine where your logo appears.
- In Stock Stationery you will find:
- Stock: Use this dropdown menu to select the stock Stationery for your email.
- Responsive Design: Having it On will allow your email to be rendered to fit a variety of devices and screen sizes.
- Align Logo: Justify your logo to the right, left, center, or be suppressed.
- To upload a logo, navigate to Content > Branding > Logos
- Message Width: Change the width of the message in pixels.
- Align Message: Justify your content to the left or center.
- Background: Use this section to alter the color of your message's background, as well as the background of its inner contents
- Border: Make any desired changes to the color, thickness, and corner radius of the border.
The Content menu is where you can add Blocks and Sections. These are helpful for formatting the different areas of your message.
- Blocks: There are thirteen different Blocks you can use to customize your message:
- Greeting, Rich Text, Signature, Media File Download, Webinar Form Link, Time & Place, Multiple Choice, Image, Business Card, Spacer, Dynamic Content, Custom Content, Social Share
- Sections: Add a section that allows you to build your message layout quickly using a combination of a basic, two-column, or three-column section. Each section serves as a container to drop Blocks in.
There are three sections you can style: the Message, Header, and Footer. Toggle between them to find the following customizable options:
- Font/Font Size
- Line Spacing
- Colors: Used to change the Text Color, Link Color, and Background
- Padding: This allows you to set the space between your content and its border (in pixels).
Additional Customization Options
- Edit Plain Text Version lets you the plain text version of the email your contact may receive.
- Validate Clickthrough Links lets you check to see if the links in your email are working.
- Download Creatives lets you download HTML and text for the message template.
- Check Spelling