Email services create a digital envelope for each email message to use for routing and delivery. You must have an email marketing sub-domain (eg., mailer.company.com) specifically configured for your message envelopes.
Just like with physical mail, the Envelope Domain address is on the envelope only – it is separate from the Email From address that appears on the message itself.
This process should be completed when first setting up your Act-On account. Once set, it does not need to be configured again.
Create Your Envelope Domain and Set Up SPF
You must enable Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for this domain to let Act-On send emails on your behalf. Click here to learn why emails without SPF don't reach the inbox!
Work with your mail or IT team to:
- Decide on a sub-domain (eg., mailer.company.com) to use for your email envelope
- This sub-domain should be used only for this envelope and must not be attached to any other website
- If you have multiple domains, create this sub-domain on the one with the healthiest email reputation
- Create two new records under the DNS of this sub-domain:
- TXT record:
v=spf1 include:_spf.act-on.net -all
- MX record that points to:
est-mta.b2b-mail.net (priority 10)
- TXT record:
- Continue the process below
Important: Setup is not finished until all steps below are complete.
Send in a Support Ticket for Envelope Domain
After you've set up your Envelope Domain with the two SPF records, contact our support team using the form below to complete the process.
Envelope Domain setup form
Support will reply to confirm that setup is complete.