From addresses allow you to customize the sender displayed to your email recipients. By default, you can send messages from your own email address. You can also send messages on behalf of other senders in your organization or from a marketing or sales alias.
Essentials to Get Started
- You must be an admin user to add or edit from addresses and send verification emails
- Your from addresses must be valid emails (you'll need to access a verification email sent to your from address's inbox)
- Make sure you've set up the following:
- Required Email From Setup
- Envelope From Domains, the digital envelopes used to route and deliver your messages
- Optional: Personalized From Addresses to dynamically use your sales owner's contact information in your outbound messages
Important: Every domain you send from must be configured with SPF and DKIM, or your messages may not be delivered. See Email From Setup for more information on required technical setup.
Add from addresses
Administrators can add a new from address in these steps:
- Go to Settings > Other Settings > From: Addresses in your Act-On account
- Click Add From: Address
- Enter the Email Address and Display Name for your new from address (you can also fill in optional fields for Title, Phone Number, Mobile Number, and Fax Number)
- Click Add Now
- Go to the email inbox associated with your from address to complete verification
Update from addresses
Admin users can go to Settings > Other Settings > From: Addresses to set a default sender and edit or delete from addresses.
Set a default sender
To set a from address as your default sender, click the radio button under the Default column. Click the radio button again to undo.
Edit a from address
- Hover over the sender that you'd like to edit and click the icon
- Update the desired fields (except for Email Address) in the Edit From: Address modal
- Click Update
Delete a from address
- Hover over the sender that you'd like to delete and click the icon
- In the confirmation pop-up, click OK to delete this sender
Apply a from address to your email
Once you've added and verified a from address in Settings, you can select this email as your Sender when editing a message in the Email Composer's General tab.