This article outlines the technical requirements for setting up your new Act-On account.
- You will need action from your IT staff, web hosting provider, and email provider
- You will also need to contact Act-On support
- You may need to wait for responses during this process, so it is critical to get started as soon as possible
Some of these settings affect your email-sending ability, and others enable you to track website visitors.
These steps give Act-On permission to send emails on your behalf.
Without these settings, your emails are very likely to be sent to spam or rejected altogether (bounce).
Email From Setup (SPF, DKIM, and DMARC)
Envelope Domain Setup
This shows email providers that your Act-On messages are genuine. Set up Envelope Domain here.
Yahoo Feedback Loop
This is important when sending to contacts with Yahoo and AOL emails. Set up the Yahoo Feedback Loop here.
Verify Your DNS SetupYou can check your DNS records at any point in the setup process. See our guide here for more information: Validating Your Technical Setup.
Website Tracking Setup
These steps will enable you to drive traffic to your website and analyze visitor data.
Without these settings, web browsers may block your Act-On assets (forms, landing pages, etc.).
Custom Domain and SSL Certificate
This adds custom branding to your Act-On URLs and ensures that traffic is secure (HTTPS). Set up your custom marketing domain here.
Beacon Tracker (for Website Prospector)
Allow Traffic from Act-On's IP Addresses
All accounts should review their company firewalls with their IT administrator and ensure that Act-On's IPs and Domains are permitted network traffic. This ensures that you can:
- Receive mail from your Act-On account (including test messages and important system alerts)
- Sync data with your CRM (for on-prem CRMs)
- Receive exports from Data Studio (if behind a firewall)
- Use Act-On Anywhere for Outlook