A Test List allows you to specify which contacts are allowed to receive test email messages. This can be yourself, co-workers, or other individuals involved with the design and testing process. Creating a test list will make it more convenient for you to quickly check the consistency and appearance of your email messages.
You can also use List Segmentation to specify sub-groups within your test list. This is especially useful for the times when you don't need to send a test message to every contact on your test list.
Essentials to Get Started
- First names, last names, and email addresses for anyone who will be involved with creating, reviewing, approving, or editing your email messages
Add Contacts to your Test List
- Click on Contacts > Other Lists > Account Lists
- Hover over the Test List and click the Pencil icon to add or edit people
- Click Edit All
- In an empty row, fill in the First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Company of the contact being added to the test list
- When you are finished, click Save Changes
- Remove a contact by clicking Clear at the end of their row, and then Save Changes
Segment your Test List
To set up a Test Group Segment:
- In Account Lists, hover over the Test List, click the menu icon, then click Segment > Define a Segment of This List
- Give your segment an easily recognizable Name
- Select Direct Selection from the Method dropdown menu
- Click the checkboxes next to each test list member that will be included in this segment
- Click Save
- Click OK
- Click the dropdown icon next to the Test List to view your segments
When creating email messages, you can test it out by clicking the Test button in the Email Composer and sending it to yourself or any of the segments that you've created from your Test List.