Landing Page Content Blocks
As the most versatile content block within Act-On, the Rich Text block allows you to create text, insert pictures, link to documents and forms, and much more.
Click a text section within your landing page to open the Rich Text editor, or drag the Rich Text block into your page if you are starting with a blank page. Along the top of the Edit Text window you will find a series of icons to assist you in creating your landing page. You may be familiar with some of the icons here, but there are also additional ones that may prove helpful. See this page for more on adding text.
Signatures provide a way to save time when creating landing pages in your Act-On account. You have the ability to input signatures into a library that is available every time content is created and is an easy way to keep control over corporate branding.
There are two types of signatures in your Act-On account appropriately named My Signatures, available only to you, and Account Signatures, available to all users in your account. Only administrators are allowed to create Account Signatures while anyone can create a signature for their own personal use.
The forms you create are the workhorses of your system. It's easy to create forms for registrations, surveys, and more.
To add a form to your landing page:
- Drag the Inline Form block into you landing page.
- Click the Checkmark under Select Form and choose the form you would like.
- Check Show Prefilled to have your known prospects information pre-populate the form.
- Click OK.
Time and Place
When inviting a prospect to an online meeting or offline event use this block to send them a downloadable iCal with all of your meeting information. Enter in your event description, time and place including a map, and any conference details you would like to attach.
To add a Time and Place block to your landing page:
- Drag the Time & Place block into an Empty Section.
- In the Event tab:
- Add an Event Name
- Add an Event Time and Timezone
- Add the Teleconference Details (optional)
- In the Map tab:
- Fill out the Event Place details.
- Complete the Map Settings to style the map to fit within your landing page.
The Image block provides access to your Images library, and allows you to insert a responsive image along with a description on any side of the image.
To use the Image block:
- Drag the Image block into a Content Section.
- Click the image icon.
- Find the image you would like and click Select.
- Choose the Target URL. You have the choice to use a custom link, or link to an Act-On form, media download or landing page.
- Set the Image Alignment.
- Add an optional Image description. You can choose to have it above, below, to the right/left of the image.
- Set the Corner Radius (optional).
- Click OK.
Present your information in a downloadable Business Card that can be imported directly into your recipients contact list.
For example, if you are hosting an upcoming event featuring a guest speaker, you can include the speaker's contact information on your landing page and make it available for download.
To add a Business Card block to your landing page:
- Drag the Business Card block into a Content Section.
- Populate your Business Card info and click the checkmark if you would like to set it as default.
- Click OK.
Using Social Share, you are able to provide your recipients links to promote your marketing content on your behalf directly in your landing page.
Share networks include: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You have complete control over styling options, which include the abilities to select different icon sets, icon size, icon padding, alignment and horizontal/vertical layout.
Additionally, you can drag the icons in the order you want them to appear on your landing page.
The Spacer allows you to drop a block into your content to add a horizontal rule across content. Unlike typical horizontal rules, you have extensive customization options to increase the thickness, horizontal and vertical padding and color of the line.
To add a Spacer to your landing page:
- Click and drag the spacer block into a content section.
- Under Style you can set the color and thickness of the Spacer.
- Under Padding you can set the padding around the Spacer. Toggling Customize will allow for more control over the padding.
Upload - Upload HTML directly from your computer. If you choose to upload content rather than pasting in your code, ensure your HTML is a valid HTML file.
If uploading a zip file, only one HTML file will be read, and your file or images may not be in a subfolder within the zipped-up file structure.
Choose File - Choose from HTML landing pages that you have loaded into your Act-On Media Library. Once you click the File icon, choose from your available landing pages and click Submit.
Clear - Choosing Clear will erase your custom content from the editor.
Test Links - Test links will pull all links within your landing page allowing you to make sure the links in your custom content are correct.
- A green check will show the link is correct
- A red x will need to be updated.
Personalization - Landing Pages can be quickly customized according to the prospects' information found within your list.
- Click the Personalization icon and choose the Personalization Fields you would like to use.
- Set the generic text to use if the prospect is unknown
- Click Insert.
Buttons on your landing page are key if you are looking to have your visitors interact with your content in anyway. If you are driving traffic to your page you need a strong, clear call-to-action and a button that stands out enough for your prospects to be drawn to it.