The Website Prospector report contains numerous customization options, including filters based on assigned prospects and relevant anonymous site prospects.
This ensures superior prospecting that allows sales users to reach both active and potential prospects quickly to help close more deals.
Use the procedures below to filter your Report view and maximize your results.
Filtering Anonymous Prospects by Territories
- Click Inbound > Website Prospector.
- Click More > Content Filters.
- Click --- all --- next to each user's name.
- Filter view based on area codes, postal codes, states, countries, or visiting domain pages.
- Click Submit.
Before selecting visiting domain pages, add your domain filters. The report will only include prospects who navigate to the specified domain.
Filtering Known Prospects by Sales Ownership
When Known (cookied) Prospects visit your site, you can also set up filters so that your sales users see only those prospects that they own, as well as any known prospects that are currently unassigned.
How Act-On Identifies Ownership:
If you are using Act-On Contacts, ownership is determined automatically based on the CRM data, or by the sales owner name in your Contact data, as identified in Contact Settings. You can refine the segments of contacts that are shown to sales team members on Website Prospector. Read this article to learn how.
If you are using Marketing Lists:
- On the Account Lists page, under the Contacts menu, there is a section called Sales Prospects.
- Here you can identify which marketing lists in your Act-On account contain your organization's prospects and assigned sales rep information.
- There are two list areas that can be defined to allow you to focus on your general leads, as well as your active opportunities.
For Salesforce.com users, there are specific easy-to-create reports that can be generated and pulled into Act-On. Non-Salesforce.com users can also choose to manually pull in lists of prospects and owners. See Identifying Sales Prospects Lists for further information on setting these lists up.
Prospects Report View Details
Once these lists are identified, both marketing users and sales users will see additional information on the Website Prospector page, and in their Website Prospector Daily Email Report.
For marketing users, the Known Visitors tab on the Visitors page will continue to list all known prospects. Any visitors found in the Prospects Owned by Sales list will show with a blue person icon to the left of them, and visitors found in the Prospects in Active Opportunities list will include a green person icon to the left of them. All other unassigned known prospects will show with an orange person icon.
Hovering over each icon will identify which sales user owns that prospect, or if it is an unassigned marketing prospect.
When a sales user logs in and views the Website Prospector Page; they will see two tabs for known prospects – Leads & Contacts and Marketing Prospects. The first tab contains their prospects as defined by the Sales Prospects Lists, and the second tab contains all of the unassigned known prospects visiting the site. Prospects found in the Prospects Owned by Sales List will include a blue person icon to the left of them, and Prospects found in the Prospects in Active Opportunities list will include a green person icon to the left of them. All other unassigned known prospects will include an orange person icon.
If you choose not to connect any lists in the Sales Prospects area, your sales users will continue to see all known prospects that visit your site.
The visitors displayed on the Website Prospector page are separated by tabs, to help quickly and easily identify interesting visitors coming to your company's website:
- Anonymous Visitors – See all unknown visitors, or see only unknown visitors from territories you've defined in the Visitor Report Content Settings page.
- Known Visitors – Known, cookied prospects that have come to your site. Choose to see all, or add filters based on sales ownership of prospects defined in your Sales Prospects lists. If you choose to identify leads and contacts assigned to sales reps, sales users will see the Known Visitors tab replaced by two tabs: Leads & Contacts, and Marketing Prospects.
- Customers – Anonymous visitors or known prospects that have been manually marked as customers from the Customer Names Settings page, located on the More menu at the top of the page.
- ISPs:– Anonymous visitors that have been manually marked as ISPs from the ISP Names Settings page, located on the More menu at the top of the page.