When you send an SMS message, you will need to tell Act-On what field contains a cell phone number. Follow this guide to add a new field to your list and to identify it for SMS Message campaigns.
Add a Cell Phone field
If your Marketing List does not have a phone number field, you must add it before the list can be used for SMS. This field must be called "Mobile Phone".
- Instructions for CRM Users: How do I add fields from my CRM to Act-On?
- Instructions for non-CRM Users: Setting Up List Columns
Identify the Cell Phone Field
For each list you plan to send SMS to, follow these instructions to identify the field.
- Go to Contacts > Marketing Lists and click on the list name to open it.
- At the top right, go to More Actions > Identify List Columns
- Find the field that contains your contact's mobile phone number and make sure it’s mapped to the System Usage field "Contact's Cell Phone".