The Sent Message report provides some important statistics on the performance of both your individual emails and your overall campaigns. This data should help you identify what's working and tweak your content and delivery for continuous improvement.
Note: Report data may not appear immediately. Please allow a few hours after the email send for data collection.
Access the Report
- Choose an email from Outbound > Sent Messages
- Click the down-arrow beside that email
- Click Report
You can also view this report as a rollup for multiple emails using the Campaigns feature.
At the top of the report, you can filter by different time frames, including a custom date range. You can also filter data by clicking on specific charts (see below).
Here, you can find lots of useful information about who received the message and how they interacted with it.
You can hover over some of the fields to see a basic definition of how they're calculated (see below for more details). You can also click on many of these numbers to drill down and see a list of matching contacts.
You can click on different sections of the graph to isolate or filter data in the chart.
Action Tracking Table
As with other report sections, you can click on counts to drill down or hover over percentages to see how that metric is defined.
Here, you can see a breakdown of the clickable links in your message.
Device and Client Tab
You can go over to this tab to view information about the web browser and computer operating system that contacts used while opening your message. Among other things, this can help you know which devices to test/optimize for when creating your assets.
Definitions of Report Data
- Addressed – Number of unique email addresses in list or segment targeted with this message (Sent + Suppressed)
- Not Sent / Suppressed – Number of unique email addresses removed from this send due to suppression or send failure
- Often, "not sent" occurs if an email address is invalid or if the recipient is missing personalization fields that defined in the message
- Often, "suppressed" occurs because the recipient has opted out of your communications or because they are a duplicate of another email address that has already been sent
- Sent – Number of unique email addresses included in the send
- Bounced – Number of unique email addresses that did not reach inbox due to hard or soft bounces
- Delivered – Number of recipients who received the message (Sent - Bounces)
- Opened – Number of unique email addresses that opened this message
- If an email recipient has images turned off or if their email client is set for plain text only, the message does not count as an opened message
- Clicked – Number of unique email addresses that clicked on a link in this message
- Opt-Outs – Number of unique email addresses that submitted an opt-out request
- Spam Complaints – Number of unique email addresses that submitted a spam complaint
- Total Sent – this number could be larger than Unique Sent If this message was sent more than once, either through an Automated Program or as a resend, to individual recipients
- This does include any internal IP addresses that you have excluded from other reporting
- Total Opened – Total number of times this message was opened, including multiple opens by the same recipient
- Total Clicked – Total number of times this message was clicked on, including multiple clicks by the same recipient
- Open Rate = Opens / Delivered *100
- Click Rate = Clicks / Delivered *100
- Click-to-Open Rate = Clicks / Opened *100
- Bounced Rate = Bounced / Sent *100
- Delivered Rate = Delivered / Sent *100
- Did Not Open Rate = Did Not Open / Delivered *100
- Opt-Out Rate = Opt-Outs / Delivered *100
- Spam Complaint Rate = Spam Complaints / Delivered *100